THINK YOU PAID close attention to the university's initiative news in 2011? Test yourself with this Spotlight trivia quiz. Answer all questions right, and you can consider yourself a Cal State Fullerton Initiative Titan. For a quick study guide, check out the initiative website, www.fullerton.edu/initiatives. For answers to the following questions, click on the questions. The first person outside of CSUF’s University Advancement Division to email all the correct answers to Spotlight Editor Mimi Ko Cruz, email@example.com, wins a copy of Lawrence B. de Graaf’s book, “The Fullerton Way: Fifty Years at California State University, Fullerton.”
And The Winner Is...
Phillip Lee, assistant director of faculty affairs and
records and a board member of the university’s
Asian American Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff
Association, was the first person to submit all the
correct answers to this quiz. Congratulations, Phillip!
1. The National Endowment for the Humanities has awarded a $425,000 challenge grant to support the relocation and expansion of the Center for Oral and Public History. Where will the center's new headquarters be located?
3. The long-awaited John D. Cooper Center, a partnership between the County of Orange and Cal State Fullerton, opened in May. What are its goals?
4. What is the name of the project being pursued by the partners Cal State Fullerton, the city of Fullerton and Hope International University? (hint: it involves a special district)
5. Steven N. Murray, acting vice president for academic affairs and professor of biological science, and Amy Cox-Petersen, acting director of the CSUF Center for Careers in Teaching and professor of elementary and bilingual education, garnered grants expected to total nearly $12 million over the next five years. What will the grants make possible?
8. Who is the director of the university’s Catalyst Center for the Advancement of Research in Teaching and Learning Mathematics and Science Education? (hint: he was the 2009 Cal State Fullerton Carol Barnes Excellence in Teaching Award recipient)
9. Who are the curators of “New Birth of Freedom: Civil War to Civil Rights in California,” the exhibit running through May at Fullerton Arboretum’s Orange County Agricultural and Nikkei Heritage Museum?
10. What is the “Cal Method” of learning mathematics?